Nigel Barge Memorial 10K
This is one of Scotland's oldest road races, being run now for more than 70 years and this year we have kept the race's more traditional January date.
The race commemorates Nigel Barge who was killed in action in Dunkirk during World War II. Nigel was an outstanding officer who trained as a Royal Engineer and was killed at Dunkirk. He came top of his class at Woolwich (“The Shop”) and had helped prepare and map defences around Dunkirk and had assisted in the repairing of small craft to ensure the debarkation of his comrades. He was also a licensed pilot and a keen athlete. Nigel’s father was Kenneth Barge, late of the Bengal Lancers, a member of the committee of Maryhill Harriers. The race has been run every year since 1943.
|Race date||Sunday 19th January 2020|
|Venue||Garscube Sports Centre, Glasgow|
|Event website||Visit website|
Race details last updated on Tuesday 26th November 2019 a 8:12am.
- 2017 - Nigel Barge Memorial 10K Road Race results
- 2016 - Nigel Barge Memorial 10K Road Race results
- 2013 - Nigel Barge Memorial 10K Road Race 2013 Results
- 2012 - Nigel Barge Memorail10K Road Race 2012 results
- 2011 - Nigel Barge Memorial 10K Road Race 2011 results
- 2010 - Nigel Barge 10K Results 2010
- 2009 - Nigel Barge Memorial Race 2009 Results