Trail running is now one of the UK's fastest growing sports, and now major leisure brand Salomon is aiming to get even more runners to hit the trails with a series of free events this summer. Starting in June, the Salomon City Trail team will be in urban parks across the country setting up pre-marked courses for runners of all abilities.
The routes have been devised to be accessible for first-time trail runners, with 2k and 5k distances set out in each park. There'll be a selection of trail shoes to try out at each event, with insole and foot health experts from Superfeet on hand to offer advice plus professional athletes to chat to.
On the event website, the Salomon team describes trail running as: "It's like road running but without the tarmac, traffic, taxis, pollution, cyclists, flat roads... actually, it's nothing like road running... it's way, way better."
To register, visit the Salomon City Trail website. The runs are organised as follows:
- 6 June - Poole (Poole Park)
- 8 June - Birmingham (Sutton Park)
- 9 June - London (Richmond Park)
- 15 June - Cardiff (Bute Park)
- 29 June - Bristol (Ashton Court)
- 13 July - Newcastle (Town Moor)
- 14 July - Leeds (Roundhay Park)
- 27 / 28 July - London (Hyde Park)
- 3 August - Edinburgh (Holyrood /Arthur's Seat)