Macmillan Cancer Support and Inmotion Sport have launched ‘Young Rushers’ – part of their Adrenaline Rush series of urban obstacle races – which children over the age of 14 will be able to take part in when entering with an adult.
A 5k ‘Young Rushers’ race will take place in the afternoon at each of the eight Adrenaline Rush venues and will include a minimum of 20 obstacles, featuring everything from assault course favourites such as plank walks and rope mazes, to bespoke challenges including the giant slide Everest and Adrenaline Rush’s signature Leap Of Faith.
Tickets start at £70, which covers the entrance of one adult (18+) and one child (14+), with 35% of all entrance fees going to Macmillan to help ensure that no family faces cancer alone.
The dates are as follows:
- 21 May - Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London
- 4 June - Senneleys Park, Birmingham
- 9 July - Pollok Park, Glasgow
- 16 July - Kempton Park, West London
- 30 July - Harewood House, Leeds
- 6 August - Heaton Park, Manchester
- 13 August - Blaise Castle, Bristol
- 20 August - Stanmer Park, Brighton
In the adults event, participants have the choice of either a 5k or a 10k course, as well as the opportunity to get their Rush on individually or as part of a team, meaning the event is suitable for all abilities. Places start at £40 but rise closer to the event and discounts are available for group entries. For more information or to sign up visit the event website