jogscotland’s Challenge Series returns in 2015 with an expanded programme of ten events across Scotland from Arran to Balmoral. Each is guaranteed to be welcoming and achievable for first-timers, as well as offering an enjoyable event for more experienced runners.
jogscotland will be working with event organisers to ‘bring a little jogscotland magic’ to runs across the country. Some events will be organised especially for the series, while others are established events. Certain races are single events, and others are part of larger running festivals.
The featured events are as follows:
• Run Balmoral Wee Trail (3 miles) - 26 April
• Monklands 5K – 17 May
• Gate to Gate 5K Isle of Arran – 20 June
• Peterhead MB Plant 5K – 28 June
• Hawick 5K – 30 August
• The jogscotland Challenge Pitlochry 5K – 20 September
• Baxters River Ness 5K & 10K Inverness – 27 September
• One Big Weekend Glasgow (5K) – 10 October
• One Big Weekend Edinburgh (5K) – 11 October
• Christmas Cracker 6K, Strathclyde Park – 13 December (provisional)
Head of jogscotland Billy Mitchell said: “We’re really pleased with the variety of events we’ve been able to include in the Challenge Series this year. With new events added to the series in locations as diverse as Arran and Inverness, we hope to welcome more people than ever before to enjoy a little of what makes jogscotland so special. It doesn’t matter if it's Highland trails or city parks that take your fancy – we hope to see you there!”
For more information, visit the jogscotland website.