The Bupa Great Winter Run will go ahead on Saturday, if at all possible on the planned 5km route. Whilst anyone who’s has been into Holyrood Park will be aware that the top road is still closed off due to snow, the organisers intend to bring in a private snow plough and gritter before the race to clear this route.If after this there are still concerns over the running conditions then the organisers have a contingency route.
This is very much the back up plan. Organisers stress that they want to give runners a good, safe running experience but the wintry conditions are undoubtedly going to play their part!
As there is snow forecast for Saturday morning the final ploughing and gritting may take place in the early hours of race day, so please come prepared for either course and as you arrive the public address and event staff will let you know which route will be used.