Easter Sunday proved a real bonanza as a record number of competitors, almost 350, from all over the UK, made their way to Strathclyde Park to take part in the Annual Tom Scott Road Races.
The weather was hot, for the time of year, and so was the competition with both male and female winners of the main race, the Tom Scott Memorial Race, creating new course records around the scenic pathways of Strathclyde Park.
The main winners of this year events were:
Tom Scott 10 Mile Memorial Road Race
- Tom Scott Trophy (1st Ind) - T Woldenmichael (Shett Harr) - for the second cosecutive year in a new course record of 49:24
- The Miller Trophy (2nd Ind) - T Mengisteab (Shett Harr)
- Turnbull Rose Bowl (1st Vet) - G Croll (Giffnock North)
- Jackie Gourlay Shield(1st Vet+50) - Paul Thomson (Helensburgh) for the second cosecutive year
- Granville Trophy (1st Lady) - Toni McIntosh (Ayr Seaforth) in a new course record 0f 57:15
- Shettleston won the Gents Team Trophy
- Helensburgh AAC were the 1st team in the Ladies Race
Round the Loch 6K Race
- Stephen Mattews (East Kilbride) won the Gents Race and becomes the first winner of the Robin Barbour Tropy
- Sandra Branney (VP-City of Glasgow) won the Ladies Race
- Law & District AAC won the Gents Team event
Law & District AAC, who organise the event, would like to thank Mrs H Kelly for presenting the prizes, Tunnocks and Carluke Co-op for assisting in sponsoring the event, all officials and stewards, Strathclyde Community Police, St Andrews First-Aid and Strathclyde Park staff for ensuring another successful day.
A special mention to the Barbour family for their donation of the Robin Barbour Trophy.