MND Scotland Fun Run
Fun Run and Sponsored Walk
Join MND Scotland, on Saturday 1 June, for their annual Fun Run and Sponsored Walk at Strathclyde Country Park.
The event only costs £10 to sign up and the race attracts over 1,000 people each year to help raise funds to fight back against Motor Neurone Disease (MND) – a rapidly progressing terminal illness. The event is family-friendly and is suitable for all ages and abilities.
The MND Scotland Fun Run encompasses two routes, a 4-mile or 6-mile route, around Strathclyde Loch. Although the race isn’t competitive, the charity does have a prize giving for first across the line in a number of categories.
This year the event is supported by the Scottish Sun, in partnership with M&D’s Scotland’s Theme Park. Entry to the park is free and in 2019 all participants and volunteers will receive a ticket for a 'ride all day' wristband for M&D's in their post-race goody bag. This can be redeemed at the park on a day of your choice during the season.
- T-shirt for every entrant
- Medal for all finishers
- Prizes for all category winners
- Refreshments and stalls
- Music and other entertainment
- Commemorative award if you raise more than £50 in sponsorship
- Free post-race massage for participants
- Post-race goody bag, including the charity’s 'Aware Magazine' newsletter
- Free 'ride all day' wristband for M&D's Scotland's Theme Park on a day of your choice
- Entry is £10 per person, however people with MND, members of MND Scotland and under-16s go for free
The Fun Run starts at 11am and you can walk, run, jog, or use your wheelchair, to complete the 4-mile or 6-mile route around Strathclyde Loch. We’ll also have refreshments, entertainment, music and face painters on the day, so bring all your friends and family to join in on the fun!