London Rat Race Urban Adventure
The Rat Race Urban Adventure turns some of the world's greatest cities into an adventure playground for a whole weekend exclusively for you. We'll be unearthing the most weird and wonderful activities and checkpoints and gaining access to iconic venues culminating in an event you will be waxing lyrical for weeks on end. Whether you're starting out in your quest for adventure, want to try something new or have the Rat Race Adventure bug, we've got a format to suit you.
MEAN STREETS: SATURDAY - £35 per person
The Mean Streets is our most accessible adventure, suitable for anyone with a pair of trainers and a sense of humour!
• quirky action-packed adventure gives you a real flavour
• The Mean Streets occurs on a Saturday evening (usually between 5pm and 8pm) and it involves 2.5 hours of mad-cap checkpoint hunting around the city centre, all on foot.
• Expect to run or walk up to 10km (or further if you are a real racing Rat)
• You do as much or as little as you like as you cruise around the streets
• When you reach the checkpoints themselves, some are activity-based, some are in famous places, some are right off the beaten track. It is up to you to decide which activities you'd like to have a go at.
NINE2FIVE: SUNDAY - £69 per person
The Nine2Five is Sunday’s portion of the Rat Race Urban Adventure and seeks to ramp up the adventure in every sense.
• It is predominantly bike-based and involves up to 8 hours of city discovery on various “adventure loops,” which link up fabulous venues, activities and adventures city-wide.
• You might drop your bikes at times and run or walk too within the day, as well as completing different challenges.
• Expect to find abseiling, maybe climbing, parkour, different navigation challenges and kayaking plus many more activities all crammed into the Nine2Five.
• You needn’t have masses of skills but you should understand the kit list and the wider format to satisfy yourself that you know what you need with you and what to expect on the day. There are short cut options in the course and all activities are optional, should you really decide something is not for you.
• If you complete the course, you will have cycled around 50-60km and have completed an array of amazing activities that you just cannot do anywhere other than in the Rat Race Urban Adventure.
WEEKENDER: SATURDAY & SUNDAY - £99 per person
The Weekender format offers urban action over a 2-day period and sees you attempt to complete both the Mean Streets and the Nine2Five adventures. It is also the MOST popular format to enter. If you are wanting the ultimate Rat Race Urban Adventure, or if you think you are in with a shot at the acclaimed Rat Race silverware, this is the format for you.
|Race date||Saturday 24th September 2011|
|Venue||London City Hall|
|Facilities||Rat Race Store, Food and Drink outlets, Trade stands, Bar and much more!|
|Prizes||Many prizes available throughout the weekend!|
|Event website||Visit website|
Race details last updated on Tuesday 1st December 2015 a 9:34am.