This poll is now closed
What factor has been most significant in making you a better runner?
Better quality training (34%)
Higher mileage (23%)
Creating & sticking with a training programme (18%)
Cross training (adding another exercise activity) (7%)
Regular rest (6%)
Pre & post run stretching to avoid injury (6%)
Other reason (5%)
Improved diet (1%)
List of polls
- Your Top Running Goal For 2015
- It's that time of year when we all look ahead to what might be under the tree on Christmas morning - what would you like to unwrap on the 25th
- Events that involve consuming alcohol, either during or before, are controversial, what's your view on races like the Beerathon, Let's Get Shit-Raced and Medoc Marathon
- With Dennis Kimetto thrilling the running world with his 2hr 02min 57sec marathon record, we want to know when (and if) the seemingly impossible 2 hour mark will be broken
- Trail Running is growing in popularity, and we want to know when you hit the trails - Are you an autumn ace or a summer swift
- With Commonwealth Games marathoner Steve Way revealing he first started running at the tender age of 33, we'd like to know what age you took up the activity
- How Can We Interest More People In Running
- Holiday Running - is your summer break a great way to build up the miles or the chance to take a complete break
- Morning Running - Some think it's the best way to start the day whereas others value their kip too much! What's your take? Do you go running in the morning
- Alcohol And Running - What's Your Approach? Is alcohol something you avoid as a runner or do you enjoy a drink as much as your friends
- We need your help - We want to know what sections of our printed SCOTTISH RUNNING GUIDE you like best, please look over our list of top features and tell us your favourite
- What distance was your first race
- Your Top Running Goal For 2014
- How does winter & the festive break affect your running
- Do you use a mobile phone app when running
- The Music Debate
- What do you do to aid recovery after a run?
- Which of these is the most hazardous when running
- Do you run with a dog?
- What piece of summer-running kit could you never give up
- Which of the following runners would you describe as your running hero
- Which of the following is your favourite springtime marathon
- Why Do You Take Part In A Race
- What is your favourite cross training activity
- Your Top Running Goal For 2013
- Tell us your choice:
- What do you enjoy most about running in the colder months
- Is The Price Right
- What Motivates You To Run
- How Do You Avoid Injury
- Which Olympic Event Are You Most Excited About
- What's your favourite race distance
- Where do you do most of your running
- Your views on Barefoot running
- Who Do You Run With?
- What Is Your Winter Running Pet Hate?
- Your Top Running Goal For 2012
- What is your most important item of winter kit
- What can't you go running without?
- What do you enjoy most about autumn running?
- Do you listen to music while you run?
- What's Your Attitude To Holiday Running?
- Running improves your sex life - yes or no?
- Tell us what you like to drink after a run...
- Tell us about your favourite part of spring-time running
- Tell us the treat you look forward to at the end of a hard race
- Tell us your target for 2011
- How Do You Keep Running/Exercising In Icy Conditions
- What Do You Look Forward To Getting In Your Race Goody Bag?
- What Do You Eat On Race Day Morning?
- What Do You Do To Avoid Injury
- What Do You Like Best About Summer Running
- What is your favourite way to cross-train
- What factor has been most significant in making you a better runner
- How many miles do you run on average each week
- What Motivates You To Run
- Which Of Scotland's marathon races is your favourite?
- What Is Your Favourite Item Of Running Gear