Excitement is building for the inaugural Scottish Half Marathon on 6 September. To help entrants prepare for the event, organisers are holding a workshop in Edinburgh on 1 July.
The workshop will give runners the chance to get professional advice on marathon preparation including training plans, nutrition, injury treatment, prevention, and tips on how to stay motivated. The evening also includes a scenic run along the canal afterwards. The event is free of charge - all you need to do is turn up on the evening wearing your running gear.
The workshop takes place at Nuffield Edinburgh Fitness & Wellbeing Centre in Edinburgh.
The format is as follows:
- 6.30pm - 7.00pm - Arrive for a 7pm start, prompt
- 7.00pm - 7.10pm - Introduction of speakers
- 7.10pm - 7.20pm - Presentation from Joel Enoch - training tips for a half marathon
- 7.20pm - 7.30pm - Presentation from Claire Kennedy - physiotherapy techniques for runners
- 7.30pm - 7.40pm - Presentation from Polly Douglas - nutrition advice for a half marathon
- 7.40pm - 7.50pm - Presentation from CRUK representative
- 7.50pm - 8.15pm - Run along the canal with Jonathan Carpenter