Running Clubs In Edinburgh & the Lothians
Across the Edinburgh & Lothian area there is a multitide of running clubs, listed below. They create a network of provision that lets anyone who wants to run fairly seriously join liked-minded people for training and race competition.
Being part of a club is a great way of motivating yourself and improving your performance. Clubs will usually meet twice a week, often for programmed sessions, and there can be opportunities for other organised runs. It's also a great way to make friends and to get involved in social activities.
Clubs come in various shapes and sizes - some focus exclusively on road and trail running others have junior sections and take part in a range of track and field events. Hill running is a big part of some clubs.
Clubs in Edinburgh & the Lothians
- Carnethy Hill Racing Club
- Corstorphine AAC
- East District Cross Country League
- Edinburgh Athletic Club (Clubmark Accredited)
- Edinburgh Hash House Harriers
- Edinburgh Running Network
- Edinburgh University Hare & Hounds
- Ferranti AAC
- Harmeny Athletic Club
- Heriot-Watt University Athletics
- Hunters Bog Trotters
- Portobello Running Club
- Scottish Athletic League
- Sri Chinmoy AC (Scotland)